9jabaze - Entertainment | Webmaster | Browsing Tricks | Games/Apps Hub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Superlative Сasual Dating - Verified Ladies
"Ofe Akwu" (Igbo Version Of Banga Soup) In Five Easy Steps EmptyWed Mar 06, 2024 11:12 pm by Litifyed

» Wapkiz 2020 Code: wapkiz register page responsive design Code
"Ofe Akwu" (Igbo Version Of Banga Soup) In Five Easy Steps EmptyThu Aug 13, 2020 5:15 pm by Hasty06

» 2020Bbnaija : Why I Can’t Be In A Relationship With Ozo – Nengi
"Ofe Akwu" (Igbo Version Of Banga Soup) In Five Easy Steps EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 9:44 pm by Adminkunlex

» Can You Have S*x On Your First Date? Check Out What Actress, Debbie Shokoya Has To Say About This
"Ofe Akwu" (Igbo Version Of Banga Soup) In Five Easy Steps EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 6:44 am by Adminkunlex

» Nigerian Singer, Seunfunmi Stephen, Recounts How Her Husband Was Killed By Stray Bullet
"Ofe Akwu" (Igbo Version Of Banga Soup) In Five Easy Steps EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 6:41 am by Adminkunlex

» Olakunle Churchill Shares Photo Of Himself And Actress Rosy Meurer As He Writes On The Importance Of Loyalty
"Ofe Akwu" (Igbo Version Of Banga Soup) In Five Easy Steps EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 6:39 am by Adminkunlex

» Ubi Franklin Reveals What Happened To Him When He Visited A Hospital Amid COVID-19 Pandemic
"Ofe Akwu" (Igbo Version Of Banga Soup) In Five Easy Steps EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 6:37 am by Adminkunlex

» Vardy Wins Premier League Golden Boot, Beats Ings, Aubameyang & Sterling
"Ofe Akwu" (Igbo Version Of Banga Soup) In Five Easy Steps EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 5:07 am by Adminkunlex

» The Right Way To Preach About Hell - Milton Goh
"Ofe Akwu" (Igbo Version Of Banga Soup) In Five Easy Steps EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 5:03 am by Adminkunlex

» “Surgery For What?” – Regina Daniels Shows Off Hot Body After Childbirth (Video)
"Ofe Akwu" (Igbo Version Of Banga Soup) In Five Easy Steps EmptySun Jul 26, 2020 9:12 pm by Adminkunlex

» I Got Pregnant As A Virgin At 23 – Wathoni
"Ofe Akwu" (Igbo Version Of Banga Soup) In Five Easy Steps EmptySun Jul 26, 2020 8:24 pm by Adminkunlex

» #Bbnaija2020: Wathoni Kisses Kiddwaya During BBNaija Truth Or Dare Game
"Ofe Akwu" (Igbo Version Of Banga Soup) In Five Easy Steps EmptySun Jul 26, 2020 8:20 pm by Adminkunlex

» Bbnaija: Kiddywaya Gropes Erica’s Breast While Dancing And She Reacts
"Ofe Akwu" (Igbo Version Of Banga Soup) In Five Easy Steps EmptySun Jul 26, 2020 8:17 pm by Adminkunlex

» “I Hope To Collaborate With Rihanna & Drake Soon” – Rema
"Ofe Akwu" (Igbo Version Of Banga Soup) In Five Easy Steps EmptySun Jul 26, 2020 11:54 am by Adminkunlex

» “Girls That Give Threesome With Their Friend Have A Special Place In Heaven” – Naira Marley
"Ofe Akwu" (Igbo Version Of Banga Soup) In Five Easy Steps EmptySun Jul 26, 2020 11:50 am by Adminkunlex

» “To Be A Boss, You Must Be A Servant” – Frodd Recounts On His Humble Beginnings
"Ofe Akwu" (Igbo Version Of Banga Soup) In Five Easy Steps EmptySun Jul 26, 2020 11:48 am by Adminkunlex

» “Stop Pressuring Us With Your Beauty”, Actress Queen Nwokoye Begs Ini Edo
"Ofe Akwu" (Igbo Version Of Banga Soup) In Five Easy Steps EmptySun Jul 26, 2020 11:46 am by Adminkunlex

» You Look Like A Weed Smoker – Lady Fires Adekunle Gold Over New Look
"Ofe Akwu" (Igbo Version Of Banga Soup) In Five Easy Steps EmptySun Jul 26, 2020 11:43 am by Adminkunlex

» Davido Turns Chef, Spotted Cooking Probably For Chioma And His Crew
"Ofe Akwu" (Igbo Version Of Banga Soup) In Five Easy Steps EmptySun Jul 26, 2020 11:40 am by Adminkunlex

» Kanye West Apologizes To Kim Kardashian For Public Rants On Their Marriage
"Ofe Akwu" (Igbo Version Of Banga Soup) In Five Easy Steps EmptySun Jul 26, 2020 11:38 am by Adminkunlex

The most tagged keywords

"Ofe Akwu" (Igbo Version Of Banga Soup) In Five Easy Steps

Go down

"Ofe Akwu" (Igbo Version Of Banga Soup) In Five Easy Steps Empty "Ofe Akwu" (Igbo Version Of Banga Soup) In Five Easy Steps

Post by Adminkunlex Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:29 am

Ofe akwu is the Igbo version of the famous Banga soup. Its base is juicy palm fruit extract and it is served mainly with rice. I think Deltans take theirs with starch and other swallows.
Ofe akwu is actually VERY easy to prepare, way easier than tomatoes stew sef.
I have seen people use tomatoes for this, I don’t know where they learned that from. You don’t put tomatoes in your ofe akwu PLEASE.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED;
1- Mortar (I had to include this because you need it to pound your palm fruit)
2- Assorted meat (I used chicken, cow leg and beef). The protein is strictly your choice.
3- Stock fish
4- Dry fish
5- 1 big cup of palm fruit
6- Ground crayfish/prawn
7- Nchanwu (scent leaf)
8- Okpei (optional)
9- Yellow/red pepper
Pictures attached;
Pic 1: Mortar
Pic 2: Tray of ingredients (the okpei is inside that paper wrap)
Pic 3: Nchanwu
Pic 4: Seasoned meat ready for cooking.

NOW TO THE COOKING
STEP 1;
Wash and boil your palm fruit. When it is done, pound and extract the juice with warm water. IT SHOULD BE “SEMI-THICK”. Keep aside.
STEP 2; Start cooking your meat and season well. The tough ones first. I cooked my cow leg with a pressure cooker previously and stored some. So, I didn’t have to go through that process again (Bless Heavens!!).
When your meat is almost done, add your dry fish and stock fish.
STEP 3; While your STEP2 is cooking, blend a little of your ogiri with fresh pepper and a little
crayfish. Pour the paste into your pot of meat and allow it to cook again.
STEP 4; When the meat is done, set a bigger pot on fire with the palm fruit extract in it. Pour your stock into it, without the meat.
P.S— Some people boil the stock and palm fruit extract together the meat. This works too.
Now allow it to boil. You will begin to see oil floating on top. Add the meat and fish.
If it is too thick, you can add a little water. If it is watery, allow it to boil more.
STEP 5; Allow to simmer, check for seasoning, put your nchanwu, stir and turn your heat off.
After some minutes, you will see the oil floating Imageon top.
https://www.nairaland.com/5953495/ofe-akwu-igbo-version-banga

Adminkunlex
Admin

https://9jabaze.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum