Latest topics
» Young Boy nabbed for Raping 6-year-old girl in an Uncompleted building
Uses And differences between broke and broken EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 3:38 pm by Litifyed

» Mr Gbafun x Oladips – Ko Necessary
Uses And differences between broke and broken EmptyWed May 27, 2020 9:25 am by Adminkunlex

» ZaddyMeek Ft. Mr Gbafun x Davolee – Nigga’s Doings
Uses And differences between broke and broken EmptyWed May 27, 2020 9:23 am by Adminkunlex

» Full Css Code For Waphosts.com Website
Uses And differences between broke and broken EmptyTue May 19, 2020 7:02 am by Adminkunlex

» Full Css Code For Waphosts.com Website
Uses And differences between broke and broken EmptyTue May 19, 2020 7:01 am by Adminkunlex

» Chelsea star Callum Hudson-Odoi has been arrested
Uses And differences between broke and broken EmptyMon May 18, 2020 8:52 pm by Litifyed

» MAKE $50 DAILY THROUGH DIGITAL TRADING
Uses And differences between broke and broken EmptyMon May 18, 2020 11:39 am by skynett

» MTN 1.5gb for ₦300
Uses And differences between broke and broken EmptyMon May 18, 2020 11:37 am by skynett

» Java Game: 4 Vengadores Hulk, Thor, Iron Man Capitn Amrica
Uses And differences between broke and broken EmptyMon May 18, 2020 7:48 am by Adminkunlex

» Java Game: Heroes of World War II: Flying Tigers
Uses And differences between broke and broken EmptyMon May 18, 2020 7:48 am by Adminkunlex

» Java Game: Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare: Force Recon
Uses And differences between broke and broken EmptyMon May 18, 2020 7:47 am by Adminkunlex

» Are You Drinking Enough Water? 6 Signs You Need To Drink More Water
Uses And differences between broke and broken EmptySun May 17, 2020 9:08 pm by Adminkunlex

» Advance Waphost File List Paging Code
Uses And differences between broke and broken EmptySat May 16, 2020 6:46 pm by Adminkunlex

» How To Create CSS Theme In Waphosts.Com
Uses And differences between broke and broken EmptyFri May 15, 2020 5:07 pm by Adminkunlex

» Samklef Ft. Victor AD – Give Thanks
Uses And differences between broke and broken EmptyFri May 15, 2020 5:05 pm by Adminkunlex

» Peruzzi – Gaza (Prod. by Rexxie)
Uses And differences between broke and broken EmptyFri May 15, 2020 4:59 pm by Adminkunlex

» Shizzi Ft. Davido & Wale – Won Le Ba
Uses And differences between broke and broken EmptyFri May 15, 2020 7:39 am by Adminkunlex

» Davolee Ft. Masterkraft & Jaido P – G.O
Uses And differences between broke and broken EmptyFri May 15, 2020 7:38 am by Adminkunlex

» DJ Val Exclusive Ft. Wande Coal x Dmain – Owonikoko
Uses And differences between broke and broken EmptyFri May 15, 2020 7:37 am by Adminkunlex

» Rapsodii Ft. Obesere – 30 Milli
Uses And differences between broke and broken EmptyFri May 15, 2020 7:35 am by Adminkunlex

The most tagged keywords

Uses And differences between broke and broken

Go down

Uses And differences between broke and broken Empty Uses And differences between broke and broken

Post by Adminkunlex on Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:17 pm

What are the differences between broke and broken, and their uses?

“Broke” is a verb, specifically the past tense form of the verb “to break”. It refers to the action of breaking something. So it is correct to say something like “I broke my bicycle.”

“Broken” is an adjective, and refers to the state of an object. Therefore, one can say “My bicycle is broken.”
Sometimes people will use the verb form as an adjective, such as “My bicycle is broke,” but this is actually grammatically incorrect. The only case where “broke” can be used as an adjective is a colloquial use which means “to have no money.” For example:
“My bicycle was expensive to fix, and now I’m broke.”
So, whenever you want to talk about the state of an object, use “broken”. If you want to talk about the action, use “broke”.

Adminkunlex
Admin

https://9jabaze.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum